Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Birthday! Your life had a beginning and you celebrate your entry into the world. Your biological clock is turning and you join the flow of life and time, morning, noon and night. Creation tells you when to wake and tells you when to sleep, you follow an order that nature has set. ( Of course, we have those exceptions who work when others sleep and so forth but not the world's norm). Creation has a clock that we adhere to with the sun and the moon, with the seasons, a very reliable clock that has been put into place and has a precedence in our lives. Only the fool says I will reject this clock and created my own time, my own life, survival depends on knowing the time and the seasons. Time helps us organize our life, who doesn't check their watch or cell phone to see what time it is. We live in time and are dependent on it, we count on its stability for our existence and we live. Our clock of life stops and we return to the ground, nature returns to nature, but we have an element that is not govern by time but eternity and it too is stable and reliable less our souls be destroyed and we forever cease to be. The Creator is unlike the creatures with needs, self existence is hard for dependent creatures to understand. I need food, water, air, heartbeat, etc. to live so what makes God tick? If one were to do a biopsy on God what would he find? He would find no starting place, the finite opening up the infinite would not be up for the job. So not being able to open up the subject to see what's inside , he must rely on limited senses and divine revelations to begin to understand and know the one who has no beginning, no end, the one who is beyond and above yet calls me by name. I can know my Creator, I can know his heart, I can know his mind, I can know his spirit, I can know his love, I can know his power, I can know his Godhead. I cannot know him as he knows himself but thats not a problem for what I know is enough and beyond all aspirations for the human heart and mind. (to be continue)